Friday, May 13, 2016

The walking has begun, or has it already been happening?

Ozeri 4x3runner Pocket 3D Pedometer

I never thought I would ever be using a pedometer. I use to look at people wearing them and think to myself, "What is the point?".  Now that I am considered morbidly obese I see things in a different light. I am trying really hard to lose weight.

I was given this pedometer as a sample to test at no cost to me for my review. I can see why it is so popular. There are so many features to this. It is amazing. I really never saw myself glorifying a pedometer in my lifetime, but here I am. It is amazing just how much one person can walk in a day without realizing just how long they are moving and how many calories they are burning.

Some key features that are great:
- Calorie Counter

This is awesome. I have not ever counted calories or calculated how many I have used before now. This calorie counter on the pedometer tells me how many I have burnt in my day of walking and/or jogging.

-Step Counting Goals

I need to set goals for myself. I am starting out with easy attainable goals so that I can find more motivation to strive for more. This pedometer allows you to set whatever goal you want. It tracks my goals with a percentage on the main screen. I shoot for 20,000. Easy goal right? I can also convert those steps into miles as well.

- 30 Day Memory

It is nice to be able to see what kind of progress I've made in the 30 days. I have not been using this pedometer that long, but want to be able to make a chart for myself. (Celebration purposes- Don't we all need them?)

- Personalization and Programmable

I can personalize this pedometer to my exact measurements. I have programmed it to my exact height and weight. I have also programmed my stride. It is now just for me and my use.

- Tri Axis Motion Sensor

I can place this pedometer literally anywhere on my body. It will still give me accurate results. It comes with a clip or a lanyard type loop with a clip on the end of it. I find it easy to use either clip. I have also just thrown it in my pocket because I am a klutz and lose things easily. It is fairly small so easy to store just about anywhere.


Some other quick features include auto sleep, date and time, and clock. These are features that are great to have as well, just not much to talk about. Oh and it is water resistant! Perfect for those walks in the Spring rain for me! I will continue to use this pedometer as it is one of the keys to my weight loss success. Of course this is my first pedometer so I cannot compare it to others. 

I suggest if you do decide to own this bad boy, that you read the ENTIRE manual on it. It is not very big but informative. I did not know what to do without reading them.  If you want to find out more, check it out here:
Handy Dandy Ozeri Pedometer

No comments:

Post a Comment