Thursday, March 24, 2016

Pure K9 Dog Seatbelt and Harness Combo

A safe and comfortable dog harness for Blue!


We decided to adopt a dog a while ago. She is a great addition to our family. Her name is Blue, and she is a boxer bulldog mix. Blue is a very lovable and devoted fur companion. Even though she is a bigger dog, she rather thinks of herself as a lap dog. At times, she does get hyper when meeting new people and likes to jump. Walking her can sometimes be somewhat of a struggle when new people pass by.


A regular leash hooked on her collar does not help. I feel like I am strangling her. So we were given the opportunity to try out this dog harness. AND it comes with a safety belt for the car! I may have felt a little embarrassed when I checked with the seller because it did not come with directions. I did not feel like I was putting it on her right. Low and behold I was not! Make sure that the metal loop is on your dog's back, NOT underneath. Haha!



The harness is lovely. It is made of airmesh material so it is light and comfortable on our pup. The harness itself was ordered in size XXL (Blue is 4 years old and 70 pounds). We got the color blue since her name is Blue. There are also 3 other colors to choose from (Pink, Black, and Red) as well as 4 other sizes (S, M, L, and  XL).
Definitely make sure you measure your furry friend before ordering. It fits Blue nicely. I like that the strap that goes around her midsection is adjustable. She tends to bloat when she is in heat and will need it loosened. It is unbelievable easier to restrain her with this harness. This strap is also made of Nylon, so it will last longer than most other leashes and harnesses. I also feel better about it due to the fact there is more than one point of contact rather than just her neck with the leash and collar. It has held up very nicely through all her walks and play time. At times it will ride up a little, but only due to the fact that we make sure it is not tight. (Two fingers is tight enough, just like you would a toddler's car seat restraints!)

Now onto the nifty seat belt! This little gadget is genius. Although we do not use it much, it will come in handy when we need it to. Basically what it does is clip onto the harness, and the other end clips into the seat belt buckle. If you have a pup like our Blue, you WILL need this on car rides. As I mentioned before she thinks she is a lap dog and that does NOT exclude the car. Although I love that she is so lovable, I think this kind of behavior in the car could be hazardous to us all. The seat belt is adjustable, and I definitely appreciate that (so does Blue!). I can adjust how far she can reach from the seat. The seat belt is made of bamboo fiber so it is strong and durable. I am sure it will last us a lifetime.

(SIDE NOTE: I have also used the seat belt as a leash extender. I just clip my leash to the buckle end. It works amazingly that way as well!) 



The stitching on everything is nicely done. Double stitching at connection points which is great because these are where the pressure/pull points are. There are no loose strings or fraying in the seams. We picked the right harness for sure, and now know where to get more if by chance we decide to get another little fur companion.












I received this safe and absolutely helpful product as a sample for my testing and reviewing purposes at a discounted price. All thoughts here are my own from my experiences using this product. If you think you should have one of these for your furry family member, then check it out here:
Pure K9 Dog Seatbelt and Harness Combo

No comments:

Post a Comment